Tuesday, March 18, 2003

I have several things to post, but our Internet connection is doing weird things, so I'll have to wait a while. In the meantime, I read through one of Iris Murdoch's short novels, The Italian Girl, last night, and was, if not deeply enriched, at least briefly entertained. I wish that I enjoyed her books more, since her life was so interesting (the recent movie was excellent, though I must say I think so partly because of the wonderful English cottage in which she spent her later years); however, so far the only others I've read are Under the Net, which I only vaguely remember and wasn't too impressed by, and The Nice and the Good, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Anyway, right now I'm at the library and am going to look for her biography, about which I hope to post at a later time.

No comments: